Built with care. To care for those we love.
Rooted in deep traditions established by Chicago Scots – a vital Scottish cultural society and the oldest nonprofit in Illinois –Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care provides excellent care across a full continuum, steeped in the Scottish values of authenticity, warmth, tradition and community. The feeling of home here extends well beyond the threshold. Turning off the busy main street, the quiet drive into Caledonia offers an immediate feeling of relief, hustle and bustle replaced with bird song and sunshine. The path opens to a clearing amongst the trees, where the grounds are dotted with flowers, thistle and wildlife.
This unique woodland setting serves as a beautiful backdrop for our varied programs designed to keep residents physically active, mentally involved and spiritually engaged.
- Access to nurses, CNAs and caregivers 24 hours a day
- Housekeeping, laundry services and 3 nutritious meals per day + snacks
- Safety features including emergency call systems and pendants answered by our team members
Spaces to Socialize
- Areas for parties, cooking and crafts
- Well-stocked library and inviting living room
- Museum and multi-purpose room for events
Life Enrichment & Activity Programs
- Music, art, pet and horticultural therapy
- Intergenerational programming including visits and performances from local schools
- Social activities including exercise classes, cards and happy hours, as well as weekly religious services
- Wellness suite with multi-disciplinary medical services
- Therapy gym
- Spa with whirlpool tub
The Scottish Home
Our legacy building the Scottish Home evokes a country manor with its warm mahogany woodwork, rich wool tartan carpet and prominent, historic oil paintings. As part of our ongoing commitment to reimagining tradition, we will begin a major renovation and redesign of this historic space later this year.
Surrounding the Scottish Home is the Red, Red Rose Garden, named after a poem by Scotland’s own Robert Burns. This beautiful path provides the ideal place to stroll through nature’s ever-changing palette or to enjoy the company of others under the arbor.
The MacLean House
Designed to feel warm and comfortable, a true home to everyone who lives there, the MacLean House features a Great Room where activities take place around the heart of the home. An open kitchen where all meals are prepared family-style fills the air with aromas of home cooking.
Here you will find large, private suites with en-suite bathrooms featuring European-style showers for increased dignity, a large patio for socializing and barbecuing, and screened-in porches from which to enjoy the beautiful surroundings.