Intermediate Care and Skilled Nursing Care
At Caledonia Senior Living and Memory Care, our skilled nursing services are delivered in a nurturing and respectful environment inspired by the warmth of family and the comfort of home.
We offer two distinct levels of care in two distinct wings: Intermediate Care for those who benefit from the security of around-the-clock care, and Skilled Nursing Care for those who need more medically complex care provided by licensed professionals.
We are like an extension of your family, providing kindness and individualized care to every resident. We believe quality of care sparks quality of life, so we provide the absolute highest quality of care to ensure each resident reaches his or her fullest potential.
Caledonia Senior Living Intermediate Care and Skilled Nursing at a Glance:
- Unique, holistic, resident-focused care is provided by an expert and experienced team of nurses, therapists and certified nursing assistants, many of whom have been with us for decades
- Our staff-to-resident ratio is higher than industry averages
- Around-the-clock nursing care and supervision is provided in a safe, secure setting
- Healthcare services include IV management, tube feedings and complex wound care
- Daily assistance is provided for dressing, bathing, toileting, mobility and other personal care needs
- We are a training site for medical residents of Hinsdale Hospital Medical so residents, student nurses and nursing assistants provide additional care and stimulation during their clinical rotations at our community
- A wide variety of consulting medical specialists visit our community on a regular and as-needed basis
Our activities staff plans an ever-changing array of life-enriching recreational and social opportunities designed to keep our skilled nursing residents mentally, physically, and spiritually engaged.
Programs are tailored to individual preferences and abilities. Days may include arts and crafts, light exercise programs, games, discussion groups, strolls around our beautiful campus, pet therapy, outside entertainment and much more.
Of course, we strive to “meet residents where they are.” For those who need more specialized engagement programming, our staff provides sensory stimulation to enhance the senses through touch, sound, sight, and smell.
Respite Care – A Short-Term Solution with Long-Term Satisfaction
In additional to long-term skilled nursing services, Caledonia Senior Living offers short-term respite care to seniors who might benefit from recovery after surgery or other medical issues – or whose caregivers may be going on vacation or who simply need a break.
Our respite stay options also offer a great opportunity to try our senior living community before committing to a long-term stay.
For more information about Caledonia Senior Living & Memory Care and our Skilled Nursing services, please contact us at 708-447-5092.